Tuesday 17 January 2012

Day 23 - Garmin Rules!

Heavens it was cold this morning. Average of about 27F. with frost and ice everywhere but I set about putting in a 7 mile run.

When I got my Garmin Forerunner 610 late last year I was amazed how clever it was and then I was doubly amazed when seeing the result data on Garmin Connect. But it gets even better.

Up to now doing repetitive split times has always been awkward and so i've always gone to the gym as there's more technology to show me what's going on. Last night though I set up a custom workout (via Garmin Connect), which in fact only had 4 items on it and this set me up for:

* 1 Mile warmup at 10 min pace
* 40 minutes (20 reps) of:
   1 minute run at 7.30 pace
   1 minute recovery at 10:30 pace
*1 Mile cooldown

I sent this to my 610 and proceeded to do what the watch said i.e. 'speed up', 'slow down', etc, etc.

An hour later, one workout complete and all the results as you'd expect. As far as features go I think this watch is utterly amazing and in a sort of mad way i'm looking forward to the next 14 weeks of training to see what else this watch can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment