Monday 9 January 2012

Day 14 - Ouch and about

I couldn't believe it when I woke up on Sunday morning. Not only was it quite early but my knees, hips and numerous lower half muscles hurt.

These 2 things really made me just want to stay in bed but finally I got on with it.

I cannot work out why I hurt so much as it was 2 days since I was in the gym and I usually do 30 minutes swimming on a Saturday anyway and this Saturday had not been more intensive than any other.

Never the less I went out and did a medium distance relaxed (slow) run. Only 7 miles, which was perhaps just as well if parts of me needed more time to recover. At the end of it I can only describe it as invigorating as an hour or so afterward I felt like everything had loosened up and most of the aches and pains had gone. To describe it as a recovery run would be about right.

Monday (day 15) is rest day so another opportunity to give the joints/muscles time to recover. Tuesday (day 16) will mill merge into the training schedule properly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment