Monday 5 September 2011

First official training run

Good news and bad news.

I took timings for my first road based run at 10 miles. I managed a time of 1hr 47 minutes, which I though was completely respectable and this extrapolates out to a marathon time of about 4hrs 30 mins. That's not making any allowance for cardiac drift, etc, etc. The other good point was my temperature gauge averaged at 81 degrees C, so not what you'd call a cool run. I managed to sweat 1L of fluid in this run as well.

The bad news, I could have gone on to complete another 3 for a half marathon distance but I would have struggled to get much further.

I now have a stake in the ground and i've got measurements that I can now work with to improve my performance and reach for the 26 mile distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment