Wednesday 21 September 2011

First official injury

The reference material has indicated that I will experience at least one injury that will hinder training on the run up to the big day. OK, so i've now hit it.

I'm assuming it's a training injury, but may not be as it only manifested itself 36 hours after a training run.

It's basically stopped me from performing any activity where there is a foot impact i.e running. Swimming, cycling, cross training are all fine but running has been a complete no no.

It's been 2 weeks now and to test the healing state I went  for a 2 mile run yesterday on a treadmill. This is luxury as it has a cushioned belt and after that time the state of affairs was good. Not 100% but pretty good to allow me to gradually start picking up the pace again.

The one saving factor is that i'm not actually in the 5 month training window yet so I have time get over these issues and be ready for the later onslaught.

No comments:

Post a Comment